Who we are
Automotion Events Ltd
Address: Warren House, Suite1, 123 Castle Street, Salisbury, SP13UD
Registered company number: 12012168
Automotion Events is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17th September 2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Information needed to safely run events e.g. medical, next of kin
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with information on our events and provide a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil the event service you require to organise on your behalf
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Keeping you updated about events you are registered to attend.
- Delivering you regular updates and news bulletins relating to the event you are attending
- Where you have allowed us, we or our partners may send promotional emails about our products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We do not sell your date or provide this to any other third party.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to. The Data Controller. Automotion Events, Hill View, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BQ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the below address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Company Name and address
Address: Hill View, The Common, Woodgreen, Fordingbridge, SP6 2BQ
Name of Data Protection Officer; A Entwistle
Data Protection Officer’s Email; email@example.com
Personal Data and Legal Basis for Processing
‘Newsletter signup’ Data is collected when you opt-in to receive our weekly newsletter, either directly with us or via our Facebook signup page and will be processed on the lawful basis of ‘Consent’, where you have asked to be kept on our mailing list for newsletter, event and product updates.
‘Event signup’ Data is collected when you sign up to attend one of our events via our websites, a third-party website or through our social media and will be processed on the lawful basis of ‘Consent’, where you have agreed to be kept informed about events, products and services related to your business.
‘Marketing emails’ Data is collected when you opt-in to receive marketing information when signing up for our newsletter or to attend one of our events and will be processed on the lawful basis of ‘Consent’, where you have asked to be kept on our mailing list for newsletter, event and product updates.
‘Job applications’ Data will be captured when you apply for a position with the company either via email or directly through a recruitment website. Data will be processed on the lawful basis of Contract and used to assess your suitability for the role, if successful data will be retained for your employment contract
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk about any breach in regard to your data.
Changes to this policy
We reserve the right to amend or update this policy at any time.